Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Visions of Sugarplums


…dance in her head. Well I started out with sketch challenge Mojo57 but I think I ended up straying a ways from that. Sorry.

I was trying to accomplish the look of a little girl in her great big bed, all covered up, dreaming sweet Christmas dreams. I even tried to give the illusion of her tiny body under the turned down covers.

I colored Olivia and the sugarplum dreams my usual way with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I added some glitter pen to the sugarplum dreams and smeared it with my finger to cover the entire image. I used Nesties to cut out the pillow and sponged some Pink Pirouette around the edges. I used a larger Nestie to cut the scalloped edge on the comforter. I used two different patterns of DP to give the illusion that her blankets were turned down. To show the shape of her tiny body under the covers, I stamped another Olivia and cut her out. I placed her into position over the first Olivia and traced her with a Prismacolor pencil. I then blended that line in with baby oil. I then cut the mats and assembled the entire card. I put the sugarplum dreams up on pop-dots.

Stamps: CC Designs Sugarplums Christmas Scene, CC Designs Pajama Olivia
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Georgia Pacific 110, DP from Stampin’ Up
Ink: Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils & baby oil, Nesties, glitter pen, pop-dots


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

2 comments:

Anki said...

Hej! Was just blog-hopping and found yours. Very cute card! Have a wonderful weekend. Greetings from Sweden - Anki

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH what an awesome idea to make Olivia look like she's in her bed!! Love it!