Thursday, April 22, 2010

Woo Hoo! I'm off today!


Woo Hoo! I am off work today! So I decided to play along with today's Ways to Use It challenge over on SCS. Today's challenge is to mix up patterns. Eek! That's usually a little rough for me but this came to me pretty easily.

I wanted to do a sunset behind this lovely tree from FCD's Mahalo and when I saw the oranges and yellows in this DP from Basic Grey Maraakech, I decided to take the easy route and just stamp the tree onto this beautiful DP. Using DP like this is a great alternative for those of you who love the look of brayered skies but aren't ready to take that on yet. I sponged just a bit of brown along a torn paper mask for the ground below the tree.

The 3 pattern DP's are also from this line. For the green piece I just stamped the leaves onto it. The red/orange piece is stamped with the sun image from this set. The multicolor piece had some bright white in it which didn't really go with this piece so I just colored in the white with my E31 Copic.

Stamps: FireCracker Designs by Pamela Mahalo
Paper: Soft Suede, Kraft, Basic Grey Marrakech DP
Ink: Soft Suede, Really Rust, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Nesties, E31 Copic


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

No comments: