Monday, March 15, 2010

No cutting......


All this palm tree stamping I've been doing is making me ready for a vacation! Well its not exactly a vacation but this card was made a bit easier by using die cuts from FireCracker Designs by Pamela that coordinate with the stamp set. I have never used these before but they were pretty slick. All I did was take a die cut, stamp the coordinating image in black onto the die cut (my stamp-a-majig helped me line them up but I didn't worry about making them too perfect), and then color it in with my Copics. Here's a pic of the process:


The main image on this card was stamped in black. Then I used a post it to mark off the bottom portion (ocean) and I sponged Regal Rose across the horizon line and up into the sky a bit. I sponged Tempting Turquoise from the sky down towards the Regal Rose but not quite touching (I didn't want them to mix). I moved the post it note to cover the sky and sponged Tempting Turquoise along the post it and down towards the beach letting it fade as it came closer to the beach.

PS: FireCracker Designs by Pamela has new digis in there store HERE.

Stamps: FireCracker Designs by Pamela Mahalo
Paper: GP 110, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: FireCracker Designs by Pamela
Mahalo Die Cuts, Copics

Enjoy!
Michelle B.

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- love your hint of pink in the center....I love the scene- would love to be there....... Thanks for explaining the process!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh this reminds me of Hawaii!

FireCracker082 said...

great job Michelle!! Altho, it's much easier to just follow the video tut on using the diecuts, you don't need a jig to line em up either...lol....
Sue, that IS Hawaii!! I created it from a photo from my parents vaca there.