For the carrot garden scene:
- Carrot Prep - Started with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Stamped the carrots into rows. Colored them with Copics. Color again with Versamark pen. Dust with clear detail embossing powder and hit with the heat gun.
- Dirt Rows - Turned piece upside down. Used a torn piece of paper as a mask (I've been using the some one for years! It's lucky now! Ha!) and sponged from the mask up to the next row of carrots letting the ink run out and get lighter as you go. Notice that I sponged one row of dirt without carrots for the farmer to stand on. I didn't want him standing on a carrot or sticking his pitch for into a carrot! Here's a pic:
- Sky - I get tired of blue skys every time so I decided to use More Mustard for a nice warm summer sun. The clouds were sponged using Mother Mark's cloud technique. I am really happy with the way it turned out as a blue sky just wouldn't have worked as well with this color scheme. Stamped the sentiment at the top.
- Farmer - Stamped the little guy on GP 110, colored with Copics, cut out and adhered into the scene. Here he is:
- Assemble - Did you notice that I actually used 3 coordinating strips of DP! There might actually be hope for me yet with the DP thing! Ha!
Stamps: FireCracker Designs by Pamela Pitchin’ In
Paper: GP 110, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety DP
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard
Accessories: Versamark pen, clear detail embossing powder, stamp-a-majig for sentiment placement
"Queen of the Scene"