Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fab Purse

Love this! I saw a tutorial HERE at Artful INKables on how to make this beautiful texture. I thought it looked like leather so I wanted to use it to make a little purse. This flower from Fanciful Flowers was the perfect accent.

Now I accidentally cheated a bit on the tutorial and started with Creamy Caramel cardstock (instead of white). I used my Cricut to cut the purse shape out. I then embossed the entire piece. Next I sponged Chocolate Chip over the entire piece. Finally, I rubbed the Virsamark pad over the entire piece and embossed with clear. I added a pretty ribbon and this lovely flower accent. The center of the flower is up on dimensionals. My picture doesn't do this justice but it looks awesome IRL! Maybe I should start a new blogged for the trials and tribulations of a rotten photographer! Ha!

Stamps: Artful INKables Fanciful Flowers
Paper: Creamy Caramel, GP 110
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip, Virsamark
Accessories: Cricut & Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cartridge, Tiny Mosaic Embossing Folder, clear detail embossing powder, Ribbon from PHH, dimensionals, Score-tape (my new fav!)


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

10 comments:

Joy said...

this is just too cool, I love it!

Terri said...

Hi Michelle, I saw this technique somewhere and thought it would be fun to try. Your project today reminded me I haven't done that yet. Your purse turned out so darling!
Thanks for answering my question about the sponges you use. I've got them and tried to use them, but am having some issue getting them to work without leaving an imprint of the sponge. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.
TFS

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is super cute! I need to put it on my "Must try" list! :)

raindropecho said...

Oooh gorgeous!! What a great project!
- Ann

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! This is magnificent! Love it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Dawn said...

This is just darling! what a lovely little project! Love the texture... great job...

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh, this is just the cutest little purse! Great use of the texture technique! And I love the purple ribbon and flower...the perfect accents! Love it, Michelle!

Patti J said...

What a great project! This would be fun for shower favors! Thanks for sharing...

Cheryl Walker said...

Very very pretty hun!!! Your purse turned out wonderful!!!! Love it!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Michelle,
I just wanted to let you know that I left something for you HERE
Hugs,
Lisa