Thursday, July 15, 2010

FCD July Hop


Welcome to the July Firecracker Designs By Pamela Blog Hop! This month's theme is a sketch challenge.

NOTE: The official start time of this Hop is Friday, at 8:00 AM (EST). If you arrived early, please be patient as all the links may not be live yet.

This is a “circular blog hop” where the only beginning is wherever you start!! You will know you are at the end of your blog hop when you’ve come back to the blog you’ve started from! (It’s not a huge circle…so it should be easy to remember where you started.) The winner will be chosen from a mystery blog hostess that we don’t even know who it will be until the hop is over…so that’s why you’ll want to leave a comment on EVERY blog, so you don’t miss out! **To find out if you’ve won… you will be contacted by Pamela via e-mail (so be sure to leave it with your comment.) and you can also find out on Pamela’s blog after the blog hop ends on Mon, at 8:00 PM (EST).

I used the brayered sky technique for the sky and then stamped the images in black over the top. I used a nestie to cut out the sentiment. I added the black cardstock borders. The linen thread around the bottom was brown. It just wasn't working for me so I colored it black with my Copics! The flower was stamped onto the die cut which are also available from FCD (saving me some work!) and colored with Copics.

Now, to continue the circle, you will need to hop on over to CHRIS'S FAB BLOG!!!!

Stamps: FireCracker Designs by Mahalo
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: So Safron, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Nesties, Mahalo Die Cuts (so I didn't have to cut the flower out), Copics, Linen Thread (colored black with copics)

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
Designer for FireCracker Designs by Pamela

16 comments:

FireCracker082 said...

ohhhhh, that sunset is so beautiful Michelle. LOVE how you did this...gorgeous!

Michelle Pearson said...

oooh, I wanna GO THERE!!!! Love your brayered background....Beautiful!

So glad I got to play along with you all this month! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous scene you created- I love this card- makes me want to go somewhere like Hawaii!!! Love the tip for coloring my fiber with Copic marker- awesome!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow! What a beautiful scene you have created Michelle! I can almost feel the warmth radiating thru my computer screen. It's Winter where I am - and I am so over Winter already......

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a tropical island. Thanks for sharing.

Hetty said...

What a beautiful summer card, Michelle. The background gives of a hot summer day. Great take on the sketch.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

And you did it again!!! Got the towel, sunblock and pitcher of "ritas" - I'm on my way!! Love the sunset colors!

Unknown said...

WOW this card is fantastic! The colours are just amazing.

Luv Jane XX

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is sooo warm and beutiful. I am ready for a vacation and this card takes me there for a moment! TFS!

kc_froglady said...

Gorgeous scene you created Michelle! I love the addition of the flower at the bottom!

jennifer said...

gorgeous card! love your colors

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO cool, makes me want to hop on a plane to a tropical island right NOW lol!!!

pennyd said...

Gorgeous card! I love scenic stamping and the colors are so striking!

Unknown said...

That sunset is awesome.........will have to come back and see how you did it.....:)

Ursula said...

so warm and inviting, Michelle! Love the sky!! I'm there - in my dreams! :o)

Sandi said...

Oooh Michelle, this is absolutely gorgeous. Excellent job using the brayer technique and love your color combo. I need to CASE this.
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net