Thursday, December 17, 2009

Birthday Candle

Pamela challenged the FireCracker Design Team team to use our new Christmas stamps to make non-Christmas cards. I thought that was really fun! Back when I didn't own many stamps, I had to be really creative in masking and piecing images together to get the images I really wanted. There was always a sense of triumph when I figured it out. I felt that again here!

This is really the bottom portion of the Christmas tree from the Duck the Halls set. I started with looking at the snow and thinking it looked like icing. Then I decided if I masked off the top of the tree base, it looked like a candle. Finally, I found a tiny accessory image that was perfect for my flame. All I had to do was draw in the tiny candle wick.

I colored the image with Copics and sponged some pink around the edges. I placed the main image on a pink panel with the bottom punched and tied a ribbon around it (which by the way is really more of a hot pink than red but the photo just wouldn't let me show you that!). And that's all it took for this CAS card!

Stamps: FireCracker Designs by Pamela Duck the Halls
Paper: Papertrey White, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Accessories: Copics, EK Success Morocco Lace punch, Ribbon from Pink Hedgehog


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

3 comments:

nancy said...

Wow, you are incredibly imaginative and resourceful. Even knowing what the original image was, I do not see any signs of a Christmas tree in your card. Brilliant!

kc_froglady said...

This is fabulous! I really love the creative way you found to use this stamp!

Ursula said...

Very clever, Michelle! Love the tree deco as the flame!! :o)