Saturday, October 3, 2009

IC200 Simple Daisies



Where have I been? Wow, what a week! Lots of extra things on my schedule this week! I did make a card for the sketch challenge on Wednesday morning but near the end I somehow got a blop of black ink right in the middle of my piece. I tried to simplify my design and remake the card but I ran out of time before work. Boo hoo! OK, let's get on with the show.....

Throughout the month of October I'll be featuring a set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela called Oops-a-Daisies. As always with Firecracker Designs by Pamela stamps, I love the variety of sizes given for an image. No matter what your idea, there is a daisy of the right size just waiting for you here!

I loved the water bottles from today’s inspiration site. I had a hard time deciding but finally went with this one because I loved the colors. My sketch is from Fall To Layout #60. I curved the stems of these daisies just a bit before attaching them to my block. They are stamped in grey ink and then I added just a bit of B00 Copic and blended just a bit for the slightest hit of color!

Stamps: Firecracker Designs by Pamela Daisies Oops-a-Daisies, Firecracker Designs by Pamela Silhouette Flowers
Paper: GP 110, Certainly Celery, Basic Grey
Ink: Going Grey, Whisper White
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Copics

Enjoy!
Michelle B. aka “Queen of the Scene”
Designer for FireCracker Designs by Pamela

4 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- great idea to curve the stems- that's a great idea! TFS

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful! The daisies look like they're reaching for the sentiment! P.S. I love your idea of using the dotted wave punch as water. I can't wait to try it! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty, awesome job.

FireCracker082 said...

simple and beautiful. really a nice focus on the daisies!