Sunday, October 11, 2009

FS140 Catfish Pond


This card from today’s Featured Stamper, Glowbug, reminded me of a pond I saw on a recent trip to the country. The pond was full of lily pads. The owners feed the cat fish occasionally so these huge fish come right up and poke their heads out when you stand on the dock.

I used the brayered sky technique to make the sky, sun, and pond. I then stamped my cattails, fish, and lily pads in Chocolate Chip. Why not stamp them in black? Because using Chocolate Chip allowed me to give these images some life using the silhouette treatment (shading with a fine black marker and a white gel pen). Finally, I cut the image apart before assembly.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Pond Life, Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Summer Sun, More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: White gel pen, fine black marker

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

2 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

This is so beautiful! I love how you did the cattails in chocolate chip! Beautiful brayering!
Hugs,
Lisa

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty card- love your eye for color. TFS