Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So many challenges, so little time....

I've been doing all the Dirty Girl challenges over at Split Coast Stampers and that has been keeping me very busy indeed! OK, I'll just share a few of my favs:



I love to put a little white gel pen on the right and black (or other appropriate dark color on the left. This is especially helpful when using silhouettes. I picked up this idea from Michelle Zindorf.. My family knows the whole "white on the right" saying as I often decorate cakes that are half chocolate and half white. They know the white is always on the right side of the cake! Ha!

Stamps: Essence of Love, Oh So Lovely, Sanded Background
Paper: Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Ink: Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Accessories: Ribbon & Brads from Pink Hedgehog, White & Black Pens




Again, the white gel pen on the right and dark brown on the left really made the seashells POP! I did a little sky experiment here as well by using a swirl and shadowing with a Copic marker.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Betty Bombshell, Sandy Shells Wheel, Autumn Leaves Swirls
Paper: River Rock, Real Red, Cool Caribbean
Ink: White, Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Real Red, Cool Caribbean
Accessories: Prismas & Baby Oil, Copics, Oregon Raindrops







And finally, my all time favorite of incorporating a scene into a sketch. For inspiration I think of the basic shape of the sketch and what type of scene would work. For this one, I new I needed something to fit into that circle above the rest of the scene. A frog jumping worked perfectly, then the rest of the scene is built around that main idea.

Stamps: PTI Pond Life
Paper: Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Black, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Certainly Celery Ribbon, Slit Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Circle Punch, Score-Pal, Clear embossing powder & heat gun


Enjoy!
Michelle

1 comment:

Yosha said...

I LOVE the blue card! I love the colours, the shading and such a perfect image! I'd love to try something like that but a bit intimidated at the moment!!!

Oh the frog card is fantastic too!