Sunday, July 6, 2008

Christmas in July

HA! I bet you thought you caught me slacking on my card-a-day goal. NOT!

I did a prototype of this year's Christmas card and I'm now shopping for any additional supplies I might need. This year's design is based on last year....I accidentally stamped the sentiment "wishing you loads of holiday cheer" the wrong direction on last year's card (noticing at # 48 of 50!). DH had the great idea to save them for this year. So I used a different sentiment last year and saved these. I tried to keep this simple yet elegant (I have to make 50+). Remember this is just a prototype....it isn't even glued down, my red cardstock is 2 different brands and I clearly need a thicker ribbon. I'll repost a finished one later.

Also, because I'm a cheapo and don't want to waste any of my precious paper or pay additional postage, I cut the centers out of the layers at the very back. I then use the red scrap to stamp the truck on and the gold scrap to frame the red layer with the truck. Here's what I mean. Anyone else do this?





















Stamps: Loads of Love
Paper: Real Red, red and gold from Mike's
Accessories, Snowflake embossing folder, ribbon from Mike's, Virsamark, Gold embossing powder from Mike's


Enjoy,
Michelle

1 comment:

Jennifer Love said...

Dang...that is a good idea with the cutting out of the backs! Saves on paper and postage...genius!

Looks like a fun Christmas card. :D