Friday, July 18, 2008

Mojo46 - Just Drivin' By



So I stumbled across this Cruisabella image (received in a swap) the other day and thought of how great she would look in front of the city. The very next day the perfect Mojo sketch was released complete with the “street”. A busy week here kept me from completing this until last night.

My only means of cutting large circles is my Cricut. Now I haven’t taken the time to figure out how to know exactly where it is going to cut so, I just cut the large circle out of a big piece of cardstock and then sized it to fit my card.

Without removing the cardstock from the Cricut cutting mat, I stamped the city buildings using my Stamp-a-majig to line them up. Next I created a mask out of a scrap piece of paper. Covered the buildings with the mask and sponged the “sky”. The buildings were colored in with copics in various shades of warm grey. By keeping this cardstock on the Cricut cutting mat, I was able to ensure that the images and colors would flow across the piece evenly. A soft sky circle (sponged with soft sky) was inserted for more dimension (and to follow the sketch).



My Bella was colored with copics, glitter added to the “chrome” parts of the car, and then she was cutout. The soft sky circle was sponged with blue bayou and the sentiment stamped using a mask to put part of the sentiment at the top of the circle and part at the bottom.

The street is merely a black strip of cardstock with ¼” white circle punches added for the lines in the street.

Stamps: MFT Going Places (buildings), Stamping Bella Cruisabella, Loads of Love Accessories (sentiment)
Ink: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Summer Sun, Barely Banana, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Real Red, Bazzill
Accessories: ¼” circle punch, Cricut, Copics, glitter pen, pop dots, Tombow adhesive, Stamp-a-majig


Enjoy!
Michelle

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love the card! How long did it take for you to make?

TFS
Lisa
http://flatfishpaperarts.blogspot.com/