Thursday, June 26, 2008

SC182 Gardenia

I'm baaaack! I've been quite busy this week with DD in dance recitals, work , and hosting the PIF Images thread. Glad to finally find a few minutes to make a card.

I created this card for challenge SC182. I knew I wanted to do this challenge as soon as I saw it even though I wasn't going to have time right away. I needed the practice in lining up the squares and also in mixing patterned papers.

For the "sky" and "grass", I stamped Gardenia on a scrap paper and roughly cut her out (left white all around). Then I sponged the "sky" in Soft Sky and the "grass" in Wasabi.

For the wing, I colored in with Copic B02 and then paper pieced vellum over it for a soft look. I then added glitter pen accents, of course. She IS a fairy.



Stamps: Stamping Bella Gardenia Greenthumb, Background Sampler
Paper: SU Soft Sky, Bazzill
Ink: Soft Sky, White, Wasabi
Accessories: Copic markers, Raindrops, Square punch

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

WOW Michelle, this is CUTE, FABulous coloring!!!