Sunday, June 22, 2008

Keeping busy....

Yeah! More cards!!! I'm keeping up with that goal of mine. Here ya go:

I made this card for the card sketch challenge SC181. The end result is nothing like the idea I originally started with. My friend Janette (Blessingsx3) always does something with every layer of her cardstock and I always like the look. I challenged myself to do that here.The apricot cardstock layer was first scored with my score-pal. Then I stamped an eggplant flower in each diamond. Next I sponged eggplant around the edges. I wanted to bring out the grid a little more so I attempted to sponge on just the grid. I ended up getting some onto the flower area and thought it looked great so I just ran the sponge all over the whole piece. It really toned down that bright apricot.

LESSON I NEED TO LEARN: First pickout cardstock, then color! When will I get it!

Stamps: Penny Black Chit Chat, Polka Dots & Paisley, Seeing Spots
Paper: SU Celery, Eggplant, and Apricot
Ink: SU Eggplant and Apricot
Accessories: Scorepal, SU Apricot ribbon, copics, black Micron pen, white gel pen, sponges


Created this for challenge WSC53. I was just experimenting with creating the big wave so not sure I could actually document what I did! Hard to see in the photo but I used my glitter pen arround the edge of the white water to give it some sparkle. Here's a closeup of that dude.

Stamps: TAC Hang Loose, WS Sunnin Mouse, Trees Three, Itty Bitty
Paper: SU Yo Yo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal
Ink: SU Cool Carribean, Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Copics, circle punches, white gel pen, glitter pen, virsamark pad & pen, embossing power

Enjoy!
Michelle

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

WOW Michelle! Both of these are awesome!

Janette said...

Michelle- thanks for such a nice comment! By the way, I do pick my paper first then color but I learned the hard way first