Sunday, July 10, 2011

FS231 Off to Camp

DD leaves for a week of camp today. I needed to quickly make a card to drop off so it could be delivered to her thru the camp mail. I found the perfect inspiration in THIS piece from today's Featured Stamper. I loved the simplicity of the woods in the background. It was hard for me to make a scene an keep it simple but I restrained myself! The two things I changed from the inspiration piece were the addition of the little girl and also the ribbon color (I just had to have some blue up there for the sky!).

The tree images were stamped and I used a sponge to color them in. I used a blender pen to color the tree trunks. A torn piece of paper was used as a mask to sponge in a little ground.

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Audrey, Lovely as a Tree, sentiment by Innovative Stamp Creations
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Basic Grey Offbeat DP
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Pear Pizzaz, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa (sentiment)
Accessories: Copics, Blender Pen, ribbon from Pink Hedgehog


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cool card! Perfect!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Fantastic card Michelle! Your DD will love it!!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Michelle,

Thought I would just stop by and wish you and your family a very happy Christmas and all the best for 2012. Hope to see you back creating in the new year.

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn