Wednesday, November 11, 2009

SC254 In the Moonlight & BIG NEWS!


First off....did you see this? Yep, that's right. I'm joining the design team for Artful INKables. I'm so excited! Although my official debut isn't until the blog hop on the 15th, I had to use some of my AI stamps for today's sketch challenge on SCS.

When I saw that nice large element in the center of today’s sketch, it just cried out to me for some brayering! I’m experimenting with different color combos for the sky as I get tired of doing blue all the time. I love purple so I've been trying to use it more often.

The leaves and flowers were first inked with Versamark and then Going Grey ink before I stamped them on the paper. They were then embossed with clear detail embossing powder. I punched out a circle to use as a mask and placed it a little above center (putting it right in the center would have been boring!). I brayered on first Almost Amethyst. When I was getting ready to put on my last "coat" of Almost Amethyst, I removed the mask so that just a bit of that color would be in the moon. I replaced the mask and next I brayered Perfect Plum (not going all the way to the center) and Elegant Eggplant (staying pretty close to the center). Reducing how far in I brayered with each darker color gives me that wonderful graduated color.

Stamps: Artful INKables Plant Prints
Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Grey
Ink: Going Grey, Almost Amethyst, Perfect Plum Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Versamark pad, clear detail embossing powder, post it note for moon mask

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

6 comments:

JenMarie said...

BEAUTIFUL Michelle!
And congrats sweet girl!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I just saw this in your Splitcoast gallery and was blown away by the stunning lighting effect you achieved with your brayer and ink. Please let me know if you ever do a video tutorial; I'd love to see how you do this. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Michelle!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh yeah, CONGRATS on your DT appointment! Woo-hoo!

Janice M said...

Your card is Gorgous Michelle!! Congrats on the DT!!!

Deborah Young said...

Welcome to the team, Michelle! Glad to have you ;-)

kc_froglady said...

Congratulations! What a lovely card this is too I like the color palette.