Sunday, November 22, 2009

FS146 Christmas Window & Window Ledge Tutorial



NOTE: There is still time to enter to win the FireCracker Designs by Pamela blog candy. Just visit this post.


Congrats to Birgit (Biggan) for being today’s Featured Stamper! My favorite things in Birgit’s gallery are the landscapes and windows so I chose this card to case. I changed 1) the color scheme adding more color 2) the details on how the window was made 3) the stamps although I kept the same theme.


I know its not Tuesday but would you like the Tips, Tricks, & Tutorial on how I made that window ledge? I bet you will so here we go!

First, I cut a rectangle of cardstock the approximate size of my window. Then I scored 1/4" up from the bottom and then again 1/8" above that. Next I cut 1/4" off each side down to the score line on each side. I cut at an angle from the first score line up to the second score line on each side.
Then I mask the main window area and below the 1/4" score line and sponged a little darker color into that area. Remove the masks and its ready for your window scene to be placed in.

I always make my scenes on a whole piece of paper and then cut the 1/8" strips out. NOTE: I do not just cut once and spread the pieces as I like the part of the image to be missing just as it would if it were obscured by a window structure.

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda in Winter Stockings, Rubbernecker Kitty Kits Cause a Scene The Moose is Loose, A Muse Santa’s Silhouette
Paper: Whisper White, GP110, Old Olive, Kraft, DCWV DP
Ink: Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor Pencils

Enjoy!
Michelle B.

"Queen of the Scene”

10 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I sound like a hippy here- but Wow! That is so cool! I love this tip and am going to give it a try! Great card too- You have such a great eye for color!

Anonymous said...

What a Wonderful christmas window!

An adorable image colored beautifully, awesome window veiw, and I love santa up in the corner!

Olga said...

Thank you for the tutorial. Your card looks great!

Emily Leiphart said...

Amazing!! I love that and thanks so much for the tutorial!

Sue from Oregon said...

How very cute and I love that wondow tutorial!!!

Stamping SAM said...

I so admire your work! Your style is just amazing and I visit your blog a lot for inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and tutorials!

smallcity said...

Thanks sooooo much for sharing, can't wait to try this out. Your card is beautiful. And as always your coloring is amazing.

smallcity

Tammy said...

Love it! Having her on the window is so fantastic.

Lori said...

Hi Michelle!! I love the window!! Your card is so sweet!!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on SCS said...

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the sharing your tutorial - love it!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! :-)