Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Nutcracker


Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I have a family member who collects nutcrackers so when I saw this image from Clear Dollar Stamps, I had to have it!

I used the sketch from Clear Dollar Stamps' challenge this week and I went for a CAS approach to let the image really shine! All the gold parts of the image are paper pieced in and shaded with a bit of Copic marker. When I use punches, I often think the parts you are supposed to throw away look kinda cool. Here I found a use for them by adding them to the top and bottom of the main image panel. (man I wish I could take a better picture !!!!)

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Holiday Nutcrackers
Paper: GP110, Papertrey White, Real Red, Gold from unknown source, DCWV DP
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Nesties, EK Success Fleur de Lis punch


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

5 comments:

Deborah Young said...

This is gorgeous, Michelle! Just perfect.

Lisa Kind said...

GORGEOUS! I love that image! And you colored it so beautifully! Great way to use up the "scraps" from the punches!

Kevin Renz said...

Hi Michelle! Love the rich colors you chose for your card. Its just gorgeous. So glad you played along with us for the CIC challenge.

Shawna said...

Very nice card! Love it!

Tricia T said...

This is just stunning, Michelle! Your coloring is just beautiful. And isn't that set fun??? Thanks so much for joining the CIC challenge!!!