Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TESC82 Western Horse



For Taylor’s Sketch Challenge this week, I am again featuring my Firecracker Designs by Pamela set for September. The set is called Horses of Courses and I can’t believe how many stamps are in this set! Horses of Courses has such a fabulous variety of horses – every size, angle you could ever want - in addition to sentiments for every occasion.

I wanted to go with a western feel to this piece so I stamped the horse with Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I roughly colored him with Prismacolor pencils and blended a bit with Goo Gone. I used a rectangle Nestie to cut him out and I left the Nestie in position while I sponged the area with Creamy Caramel, then a little Old Olive at the bottom only, and finally with Chocolate Chip. I removed the Nestie to reveal the crisp vanilla border surrounding the image. Fun!

I had some Ruby Red and Creamy Caramel cardstock with Perfectly Paisley embossing sent to me by my friend Mindy Young that was perfect for this card. I cut the Ruby Red piece to shape and heavily sponged with Chocolate Chip. I cut out one Paisley from the Creamy Caramel piece and heavily sponged with Chocolate Chip. I assembled all the pieces. Finally I added the little flourishes in the upper left corner that are also from the Horses of Courses set. They were stamped in Whisper White (note to self, need a good vanilla ink!) and I colored over them a bit with a Prismacolor pencil to tone it down.

Stamps: Firecracker Designs by Pamela Horses of Courses
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Nesties, Prismacolor pencils & Goo Gone, Perfectly Paisley EF


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”
Designer for FireCracker Designs by Pamela

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a wonderful card- I love the horse stamp set- lots of stamps to play with!!! TFS

Lisa Foster said...

This is terrific Michelle! Love the texture and colors...great image too!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on My SCS Gallery said...

Oh WOW Michelle! Really, really elegant! Love all the texture, and such gorgeous colours. I really love the brown and burgundy together. Love the flourish in the top LH corner - finishes the card perfectly.