Sunday, January 25, 2009

Twofer today


So the other day I moved my light box 2 feet down the counter. I haven't had a good pic since. Now there is no window in this area of the basement so it can't be that. I just think I messed up my photo kharma! Bare with me while I get it straightened out again!

When I saw that Vicky Gould was the featured stamper today, I just knew I had to use some Treehouse Stamps for the occasion as that is where I first heard of Vicky. I chose to case this card. The three things I changed are:

1) the sketch (and I used the sketch from Cupcake Challenge TECC52JS)
2) the color scheme - inserting red and blue and removing brown and the coral/rose color
3) the arrangement of the stamps - placing one tree in front of the fence

This card also counts as my last card for this month's Christmas card challenge to create 5. Shew! All I can really say about this card is EMBOSS RESIST!

Stamps: Treehouse Stamps Jolly Snowman
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Baja Blue, Whisper White, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Chcolate Chip
Accessories: Virsamark pad, clear detail embossing powder, heat gun, Cricut George cartridge





And my second card was made for my coffee-luvin SIL's bday. I used the sketch from Cupcake Challenge TECC52AW. The main image was a PIF last year from SF9ERFAN (Thanks Michelle!). Again, I used emboss resist for this creation. I didn't have a spoon stamp (who knew I needed one?) so again, I just drew in what I needed and added her initial. The ribbon looks coffee colored and was saved from some gift wrapping. I love the light spot in the middle of the sponging to accent the "steam".

Stamps: Impression Obsession Expresso, My Favorite Things Boundles of Bouquets
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Virsamark pen, clear detail embossing powder, heat gun, dew drops from unknown source, recycled ribbon, fine black marker, Copics, white prismacolor penciel




When I was putting these dew drops on, I remembered this cool tool I used to use when I had to glue hundreds of rhinestones on DD's dance costumes (thank goodness we pay for that now!). That brown area is sticky and you can just place it straight down on your dew drop or rhinestone and it will pick it up. Then you can place it right down onto your piece (you'll need glue on your piece first if you are not working with self adhesive embellishments). It's nice because your hand doesn't get in the way!

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

LOVE the coffee card....WOW, totally fab monogram spoon!!

Janna said...

You are just so talented!! You create the most awesome scenes and the coffee cups are incredible. If someone asked me to draw a spoon it would probably wind up looking like a lollipop! Awesome job! Hope you are enjoying all the snow!

Smiles,
Janna