Friday, January 23, 2009

Cupcake Challenge Anniversary!!!!


Wooo Hoooo! Taylor is celebrating the one year anniversary of the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge!

Each of the Cupcake Sketch Samplers has designed their own sketch to celebrate. As a Featured Cupcake Sampler, I was asked to feature Stephanie Hargis' sketch challenge. Hope you don't mind, I turned it upside down here. You can check out the sketch on her blog and find out about the prize you can win by participating! To get your creative juices flowing, here are some other Featured Cupcake Sampler's and their take on this sketch:


Cindy Lawrence
Sarah Anderson


Don't forget to check out Taylor's blog, the anniversary celebration headquarters, for all of the sketch challenges as well as an awesome grand prize for one random winner who participates in ALL 9 sketch challenges! We hope you'll help us celebrate this yummy occasion!

Now, how did I make that rain? I didn't have a rain stamp but I just had to have rain on this card. I get some of my best ideas when I'm desperate! Ha! So, I turned my card upside down and angled it a bit (so the corner with the "sun" was point at my right hip). I dipped my blender pen in Whisper White and touched it to the paper and held it there for a sec and then "flicked" it up towards me. No arm movement - just a "flick of the wrist". Finally, I painted a little Angel Wing Shimmerz on the rain drops and also on the pond.

Make sure you click on this pic to enlarge and really get the full effect. (And I just have to say that I could NOT get a good pic of this card no matter what I tried! You'll just have to trust me that it is much better IRL!)


Here are the instructions to sponge the clouds using a mask. I colored the images my usual way.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Stamps: Taylored Expressions A Year of Sweets 1, Taylored Expressions A Year of Sweet Sentiments
Paper: Regal Rose, Whisper White, Bazzill
Ink: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, So Safron
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and goo gone, scallop circle punch, circle punch, ribbon from Pink Hedgehog, Angel Wings Shimmerz, Blender pen


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

9 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

I LOVE that you flipped the sketch! It looks really awesome this way! Your card is too cute. That rainy scene is fantastic! :D Thanks so much for sampling my sketch this week. You did such a great job!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

What a great card! You created such a beautiful soft card. I love it!

Unknown said...

Your card is just beautiful! Love the sky and rain effects!

JenMarie said...

**WOOOOOW**

Amy said...

Very cute Michelle. I am working on a card right now using your cloud tutorial!

Tammy said...

Super Cute Michelle!!
I've got to get stampin on those Taylored Expression Stamps!

Lisa Foster said...

Really cute Michelle! I love the rain and the Shimerz! Thanks for telling us how you did this awesome effect...I'm sure I"ll be trying it in the near future!

Janna said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! I just love the card you created and the technique for creating rain is so helpful! Usually when I am desperate, my cards look like I was desperate when I create them! Lol! This is just amazing! And it is official. We definitely have to meet. I just can't go on any longer without picking your brain! You are just so talented and I want to learn everything that you know!

Lots of smiles,
janna

Deb M. said...

This card is amazing! I'm so happy that I happened upon your blog tonight. So much inspiration & information. Have to try the rain & clouds.

TFS....