Sunday, February 6, 2011

FS209 Lizard Skin



For today's Featured Stamper Challenge, I choose THIS card to CASE. I kept the blue/green color scheme but darkened them, I kept the basic elements of the sketch but simplified and turned it, and I kept the embossed green card base but made mine into "lizard skin".

The "lizard skin" was made using the Faux Leather technique (except I didn't add any colored ink as I forgot!). I also added a little "lizard skin" to the colored image. First I colored with Copics as I normally would:



Then I took an old wash cloth that had some texture to it and I poured a little Copic clear blender refill on it. I pressed the washcloth into the green colored areas of the dragon and held there for 2-3 seconds. When I lifted the washcloth it leaves a little bit of texture as it lifts some of the color. The challenge here is not to get this into the presents!


A simple sponged sky and sponged ground finished the scene.

Stamps: High Hopes Gavin the Givin’ Dragon, High Hopes Got Cake?
Paper: GP110, Wild Wasabi, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic Embossing Folder, clear detail embossing powder, EK Success Dotted Wave Punch, Copics, Nesties Labels 8


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Your coloring is fabulous wow and LOVE LOVE this cute image!

Sue from Oregon said...

So cute!