Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Harry Potter Starring Billy

I needed a Harry Potter card for my nephew's birthday. Now, I could have purchased an appropriate image, however, that would have given me a creativity score of zero today. So I asked Billy to star in my card (and he agreed!). To get Billy into costume, I drew in the glasses and scar on his face and added a magic want. I also used the graduation gown and added a tie and scarf. I sketched these items in with a pencil first, drew over the pencil sketch with a fine marker, and then went back and erased the pencil lines with a white art eraser.

I love stretching my stamps to be something other than the obvious! I hope you'll give it a try too!

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Billy, Pink Cat Studio Lily and Billy Accessories, Pink Cat Studio, Limitless Limbs, SU One of a Kind (sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White, GP 110, Basic Black, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, Early Espresso
Accessories: Copics


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Michelle, this is so cute!

Helen Dooley said...

love this! such a great idea!! Thanks

Nikki Bond said...

Oh my gosh this is sooo stinkin' cute! I at first thought it was an image of the real thing! YOu did a fantastic job! {SMILES}