Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Twirling Scarecrow

Hello! Today's FireCracker Designs by Pamela sale set for Wacky Wednesday is Tumbling Scarecrow. Hurry over and get yours for 50% off today only!

I decided to make him really tumble and twirl by making him a spinnner card. HERE's a tutorial for the spinner card. I was two lazy to walk upstairs and get two pennies so I just layered some punched circles to get the height and stiffness of a penny. It works pretty well. Of course, I had my heart set on placing the cutout just as you see here before I realized my word window punch wouldn't reach. So, I sketched the back of the piece with a pencil to mark where I wanted to cut and then made the cuts with my paper cutter.

The clouds are just roughly sponged with More Mustard onto Very Vanilla for a very fall look. The grass is sponged using a torn paper mask. The leaves and sentiments were then stamped into place. I happend to pay attention to the time and it took me 45 minutes to make this card. Here's another look:


Stamps: FireCracker Designs by Pamela Tumbling Scarecrow
Paper: Soft Suede, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, GP 110
Ink: More Mustard, Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, ¾” circle punch, pop dots


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

6 comments:

FireCracker082 said...

how FUN!!!!!! I love spinner cards, and you're so right, he's perfect for it!
Love the gorgeous coloring on him!

Hetty said...

This spinner card is just the right idea for the scarecrow. What a wonderful and fun idea. Your card is just spinning my head, great colors! Lovely background.

Dana said...

This is adorable! I love that you made him into a spinner card...clever. And your coloring is fab!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is hilarious and so fun! I love your spinning scarecrow.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Too much fun!! I used to love those interactive books we would get as kids and this reminds of those!

Amy said...

That is SO cool Michelle!