Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Glam Bird Cage

Whoo hoo, I just received my SU order and I now have Sahara Sand paper & ink. Love it! I created this card for the Clear Dollar Stamps Glam It Up Challenge and used the sketch from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #61 (first time I've done this challenge....great sketches here!).


My "glam" was the bird cage which I embossed in gold and the rhinestone "chain" the birdhouse is hanging from. I couldn't get a good photo of the card and glam at the same time so here's a closeup of the glam:



The little bird was stamped in Rose Red and then I used Bravo Burgundy and my Blender Pen to add some shadow. I then stamped the cage in Versamark and embossed in gold. Sponged the edges and added rhinestones to finish this panel. The little panels on the side were cut from the same Nestie and then I just trimmed off the sides. Embossing and sponging here as well.

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Pretty Perches
Paper: Papertrey White, Sahara Sand
Ink: Sahara Sand, Rose Red, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Nesties Labels 4, detail gold embossing powder, embossing buddy, Versamark Pad, Versamark Pen, Kaisercraft Rhinestones, Textile Texture embossing folder, blender pen

Enjoy!
Michelle B.

2 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Hi Michelle... you've got another winner here. What a gorgeous card and love all the "glam". Thanks for coming and playing with us again!

מימס mimms said...

congrats on getting to the Top 5.
great card love the golden cage.